My new born not sleeping in her crib .. !!!!!!! need help

Ok here is the deal my new born shes a week old, she dosent let me sleep at all when I put her in the crib during the night but if i keep her by my side she will sleep the whole night.. What can I do so she could sleep the whole night in her crib because i know is not safe to sleep with the babies in your bed??? It just I dont like hearing her cry it makes me so sad and she cries so much when shes in her crib???

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put her in a basinet next to your bed for a little. I didn't sleep with my daughter either. But ppl will tell you they did!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It's not unsafe to let her sleep with you, provided you aren't drinking and don't regularly take medications that make you sleep. Do a little research to make sure you take the proper precautions.
    If you want to try training her, hold her until she is almost asleep, than put her in her crib. If she cries, pick her back up and do it again. My honest opinion, however, is you need your rest as much as she does, and if her sleeping with you will do that, than go for it and train her when she's ready to sleep through the night.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 3:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Co-sleeping can be very beneficial for you and your baby if it's done safely.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t102200.asp

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Sometimes I can get my son to sleep in his bassinet, and sometimes I can't. He also seems to sleep longer when he's in bed with me. So if I'm feeling really exhausted, I give in and let him sleep with me. Like Jenny-talia said, you need your rest too! Just make sure your baby is far enough down from the pillows and don't have big fluffy blankets.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 3:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Co-sleeping, DONE PROPERLY, is safer than the crib.

She's normal and knows what she's about. Cribs are actually NOT normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Do you swaddle her at all?
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am the same Iv hear is is unsafe to have yor baby in bed with you. My son was the same way. I put is bassanet beside my bed and when he fell asleep i put him in it. when he woke up id do it again. It took me almost 3 weeks but he finnaly started where he didnt want to sleep unless he was in it.
    Coltsmommy2210

Answer by Coltsmommy2210 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Bringing baby into bed with you CAN be a very safe option that gives mom the best night's sleep. Check out Should I Sleep with my Baby

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I had the same problem, and I finally gave up on the crib and brought him to bed with us. It's safer, it's easier, and its more natural for baby. They were just inside you, surrounded by you for 10 months. They don't want to be alone just because they have been born! They still want that touch and warmth that they were used to. For safety, I used a sleep positioner and kept my son up at the top of the bed, between me and the edge. next to my pillow where he was not near blankets at all. As he grew, he moved out of the positioner and down by my side, and eventually between DH and me when he was big enough to roll out of bed. It wasn't our plan but we woudlnt' change our sleeping arrangement for anything now...we LOVE sharing our bed with our little guy. I wake up to him nursing me and patting my face in the morning. I hear him talk in his sleep. I can snuggle him if he is having a bad dream. It is perfect.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Another vote for safe cosleeping. I sidecared a 4 in 1 convertible crib for extra room. "a href="http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/">http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPqpbSoqvbQ
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010