My husband hasn't talked to his mother in over a month...

I told him he should call her because that is his mother regardless. I don't want our daughter growing up seeing that behavior. I was raised family is first and things are meant to be worked out. Should I lay off it? He hasn't called.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I would lay off a little and give him time to come around on his own...if you keep pushing it then it could make it worse...Good luck!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Then you call her. He doesn't have to approve on who you talk to
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would lay off him, and let him call his mother if he wants to.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Maybe call her and see if she will call him. Life is too short. I lost my mom over a year ago to cancer. I would give anything to talk to her one last time.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Absolutely leave him alone about it. She's his mother, not yours. My husband is estranged from his mom but there is a whole history there that I am aware of. If he doesn't want to call, it's his choice. I'm sure he has his reasons.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Coming from someone who hasn't spoken to MY mother in a month, I say let him be.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• He's an adult and that is his choice to make. I understand your feelings, but you can't force him to continue the relationship with his mother. How you were raised wasn't neccissarily how he was raised. Either way he has to make that choice and want to make it for himself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• For me it would depend on the circumstance. I was raised in a tight knit extended family. We talk all the time. My husband's family is the opposite. While I talk to both my parents usually at least once a day, he only calls his parents maybe once a week, and his brothers even less. Its just the way they are. It took me a while to see that, I used to bug him about calling. Now I just let it go because its how they work.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It's his mom, his family, and his choice. Not every family is the same. I never plan to talk to my mother ever again and that is my right to do so.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I haven't spoken to my mother in probably a good month and before that is was over a year. I haven't talked to my dad is probalby 18 months.
    I would be annoyed if my husband was telling me to call my parents. I would leave it alone, when he feels like talking to her or reaching out he will.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010