have you had / would you get the flu vaccine?

why or why not

san78

Asked by san78 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Health

• Got it yesterday.
    Because I have seen people with the flu. I do not want it. Who would take care of everything?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• NO! That shot is pointless in my opinion! I don't trust the flu vaccine... Doesn't seem to work, lol. I have never gotten the flu shot, and *knock on wood* never gotten the flu.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm not getting it and neither is my kids. I simply don't trust it. Plus what's the point when it only covers such a small number of stains of flu when there are hundreds?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I got it while pregnant, but I won't this year. I have never had the flu.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I've never gotten the flu shot before, and I also never get the flu. I was vaccinated this year though, since I have a newborn at home to take care of. I'm not worried about myself, but I don't want to get him sick.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 3:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I never used to get it because I just never have gotten the flu, but now that I'm in healthcare as my career, I have no choice. This is the first year I got it and other than a sore arm and a little bit of an ache, there wasn't too much as far as side effects which ibuprofen couldn't handle.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No, I will not be getting the flu shot, nor will my husband and son. That's why God gave us an immune system. The vaccine gives no guarantee that you won't get the flu because there are so many strains out there.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No, I haven't, my son hasn't, my husband hasn't, and we won't be getting it, ever.
    joeymommy1

Answer by joeymommy1 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• The only flu shot that i got was when I was a baby.....Although I am super scared and I hate shots I am going to get one just because of my son. I just hate the idea of something being injected in me...I have no problem giving shots to other people but i just hate it!! lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No. I have never gotten it, and never plan on getting it either. We don't do vaccinations period, but even if we did, I wouldn't do the flu vax.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2010