Has anyone gotten their teeth whitened at the dentist with the whitening gel?

I have tried every toothpaste, every mouthwash and over the counter whitening strips to try to whiten my front teeth. But nothing works. My dentist offers a gel, they say i have to get fitted for the moutpiece, and then they give me the gel. They are asking for $250 and i don't know if it works. Has anyone had any results? I would hate to throw my money away.

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• works like a charm! It does make ur teeth sensative tho while you are using it. It also tastes terrible but def works wonders. Now it doesn't last forever. You will have to do it again once in awhile but not as much as when you first get it done.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 3:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have tried it and it does work but it gets pretty expensive. Have you tried Crest stripes (premium) those worked for me as well. GL
    I don't understand why these products haven't worked for you the majority of them out there are pretty good you just need to know which one is right for you. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I've had my teeth professionally whitened (twice) AND use the whitening gel (I do have a fitted mouthpiece) from the dentist and I have been very disappointed with the results. My teeth are not stained really bad or anything, I just wanted to brighten up my smile a bit but each time, the effects only lasted about a week after getting the ZOOM treatment (despite doing the white diet and avoiding coffee and so on). I personally thought it was a waste of money only because it did NOT garner the results I was looking for.
    Anonymous

• I have had it done. It is a matter of putting on some chemical and treating it with a heat or laser gun. It did lighten them. Not as much as I would like. He also gave me the molds and gel and it continued to lighten them. They never got as light as my daughters but mine were darker when I started. I think that consistency is very important.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2010