• In the Spotlight:

My best friend betrayed me, we havn't spoke in 2 years. I miss her though

I told her somthing that she eventually told EVERYONE!!!! And she feels no remorse for it either. I want to write her and let her no how much she hurt me and that I was there for her and would never do that to her. I just dont no how, I want to make her feel for what she did and hope she doesn't do this to another friend. I miss her greatly and think about her everyday. How should I do this??????????????????????/

lostiniowa

Asked by lostiniowa at 5:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Why should you do this? I don't think you miss her as much as you miss friendship and what you once had. Do you think you would want to reunite with someone who would betray you and show no remorse? You would be setting yourself up. Something like this happened to me and I think I do miss the woman but then I realize I am remembering what we were like before she did what she did. I did write a long email about how hurt I was but I doubt if she read it or has any remorse herself. You know the saying, "with friends like that, who needs enemies?" Concentrate on making new friends, even if you write a note.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• you know if your friend did that she really didn't respect you as a friend and yeah you should let her know how you feel and see if you can work it out...
    smiley_36

Answer by smiley_36 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• lifes too short to wake up with regrets... do what your heart feels....
    armymom23

Answer by armymom23 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Did she realize you told her something in confidence that was not to be repeated? My mom used to say don't tell anyone anything you don't want the world to know. I realize you trusted her but sometimes we have to be responsible for keeping our own secrets if they are so devasting we want no one to know about them. A diary might have helped keep that from happening. If you feel so strongly about contacting her then by all means do so and tell her how you feel. If she responds kindly then you can decide if you want to rekindle the friendship but know not to confide a special secret with her again.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2008