cat owners .. how many times a day do you feed your cat?

san78

Asked by san78 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pets

• My 7 (yes, SEVEN) cats have access to dry food 24/7. I feed them small amounts of canned food (2 cans total, divided between them) in the morning, but that's mostly because one of them is diabetic and needs some food in his stomach before I give him his insulin shot, and well.... can't feed one and not the rest. Before he became diabetic, they only had dry food.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I fill up his bowl once a day (dry food) and he picks at it throughout the day. He has never been the kind of cat to eat all his food at one time.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• When we had cats we left dry food out at all time (except when we also had a dog, then we had to lock the cat dishes in our pantry).  We fed them canned food usually twice a day (morning and night).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I put dry food in a bowl and they go to it when they r hungry.
    Anonymous

• I fill up their food in the morning and before bed.. I have 2 cats who apparently are NOT happy if they can see close to the bottom of their shared bowl.. and I change their water 2 times.. once before I leave for work and when I get home.. cause.. well, that has to be FRESH and cold or they tell me otherwise...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• We just keep dry food in his bowl at all times. He eats whenever he wants, he does get lots of exercise though... I always call him my meat and potatoes guy, cause ALL he will eat is dry food. He doesn't like cat treats, wet food, nothing, just dry.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• once a day
    beachbabewdj08

Answer by beachbabewdj08 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Our cats have food in their bowl at all times
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• we use a 7 day food container and she picks at it when ever she wants.. she has always been a very healthy weight.. in fact the last vet appointment vet said she was puuurrrfect!
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 3:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I use a feeder bowl that holds a week's worth (or more) of dry food for 2 cats and I just fill it up whenever it's empty. My old cat is actually too skinny.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010