Should I be concerned?

My 2 year old son has always been a thirsty child. He drinks on average 80+ ounces of water a day plus usually a juice pouch or 2. I change probably 10+ completely soaked almost to the point of leaking diapers a day. And he sweats terribly. Even when it is cool in the house and he is in nothing but a diaper. Doesthis sound like something I should talk to a doctor about?

EtiesMommy

Asked by EtiesMommy at 5:14 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that is a lot of drinking if i was you i would ask the doctor about if you feel like something is wrong even if its the smallest thing i would check it out before its to late. that is all i can say
    Ladymama8o8

Answer by Ladymama8o8 at 5:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• it to me doesn't sound normal, i would definetly call the doctor about it
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 5:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My son was the same way!! He is 22 now, but I asked his doctor and they tested him for childhood diabetes and something else. He was fine, but I would have it checked anyway!!
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 8:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• It sounds like you're already concerned, hon. And if you're ever concerned about your child's health the best thing to do is consult a physician.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 9:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• wow he is definitly a thirsty boy. umm thirst can be a sign of diabetes so i would talk to his doctor to rule that out. he may also be very thirsty if he doesnt get any salt in is diet. too much can be bad but some can help him hold some water. the sweating could also be too much salt.
    mrswilliams0988

Answer by mrswilliams0988 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My boyfriend is the same way he is 25 and is constantly thirsty or has to pee. The doctors say he is hypoglycemic.
    brooklynjean07

Answer by brooklynjean07 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2008