Problems with post office... HELP

So, I moved almost TWO YEARS ago... The post office (postman, or whomever) keep returning most of my mail, but not all of it?? About 6 months ago I had to call down there and complain. I thought the problem was fixed.... Until I get a phone call today, saying I missed an appointment yesterday, and they got my returned mail... So I make another phone call, and he says he'll talk to the guy, and see what's going on. How do I know that's going to fix the problem?? And what do I do if my mail keeps getting returned??

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 3:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You have to document all of this. Write this to the postmaster and keep a copy of it. I would have it sent return receipt or deliver it and ask for a signature that it was received. Find out the name of the postmaster so you have it addressed properly. Explain the current and the ongoing problem.
    You probably talked to someone who was too relaxed about it.
    I also would make a point to meet the mail man and tell him your name and that you have lived there for two years and have been having problems with your mail.\

Oh goodness, I hope he doesn't go postal. I am sorry, I could not resist.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Call the postmaster general's office for your area and talk to them about it. The postmaster general is in charge of all of the post offices in the given area and should be able to take care of this problem for you.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Your forwarding order has expired. You need to contact those businesses and give them your new address yourself. The P.O. only honors a forward for 18 months.
    Anonymous

• oops I read this wrong,,you mean you have been in your new location for 2 yrs and your mail to this address is being returned,,,sorry. Yeah call the po and talk to a supervisor.
    Anonymous