Need help with bad habit of...

Biting my nails... I try to stop, but then I find myself waiting for something, or aggravated, and half my hand already chewed off... Clear fingernail polish doesn't work because I just chew it off... I have heard of nasty tasting fingernail polish, but can't seem to find it. Does anybody know of any, and a store that sells it??

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 3:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Health

• I do not know of a store. I bet you can find it on line. Call the local drug stores. It might help to have acrylics put on. I have heard that helps even for men.
    It might help if you think about how bad it looks to see someone biting on their nails and then their nails look horrible too. Not to make you feel bad, just help you be aware and maybe help you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• The pharmacy should have a liquid that is used to get kids to stop sucking their thumbs. It tastes nasty, so you could get that to put on your fingers. You could also get something to hold in your hands when you know you are going to be in a situation that is stressful for you. Get something that you can fiddle with instead of chewing your nails.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• wish i could help but i do the same thing here a bump i like to kno to
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• hmmm...try going to the health store or herb store around you they may have something to help you with this...they have alot of interesting things in there i have discoverd....good luck..
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2010