Friends with your ex

Is it possible to remain friends with an ex and live together as roommates?

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• i can answer that as a factual yes. i was married for 10 years. everyone around us keep pulling us here and there, finally i left. however, 5 years later, we still were really good friends. i am friends with his present gf. i mean each situation is different. and to answer the question, i lived with my ex's family and he would stay weeks at a time and we never were sexuall involved. its called boundries and respect. if you have them yes, if not, then i wouldn't advise it til it's in place. moon
    dancingmoon84

Answer by dancingmoon84 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Friends yes....but room mates im not so sure of....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My ex husband let his first ex wife move in with him (i'm his second ex wife...lol). It worked out great. There was no hanky panky. They just helped each other out for a few months until she saved some money. So, i say YES...it can be done.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• friends yes but i dont kno about room mates
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Friends yes, live together hell no.

I let my ex stay with me for a month and he freaked out and acted jealous when I told him he needed to find somewhere else to stay for a night because my boyfriend at the time was coming over. Yeah he was out the next day
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would have to say no to that one.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• That's what I worry about, too. I explained to my ex that I still love him, but not the way that he loves me, and that I planned on dating. He says that he's ok with it, but I just don't know what to expect.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• By having your ex move in with you, it will take that much longer to move on with your life and meet someone else. Say no to continued problems. And think about it, if you meet another guy with him living with you - do you think the new guy is going to be OK with your ex boyfriend/husband living in your place? It will appear that you are still with him.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• good luck with that..i don't think i could do it..my ex and me were friends..up until he got married then everything changed..we don't talk like we once did..and i have been married alot longer then him but remained his friend until then..personally i don't think i could do it..but every situation is diff..i just don;t think he will beable to deal with you dating other people...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• We started out as really good friends and we share a daughter together, but those are not the reasons why I'm letting him live with me. He's been a shoulder to lean on when no one else cared about me and he is a good person.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2010