crap :( more of a vent really.

this daycare at a church nearby is hiring in the 2 year old classroom and i cant get anyone over here to watch my kids so i can go fill out an application. its probably very unclassy and unprofessional to bring your kids with you right? this just sucks because literally the only type of work i can do right now is daycare, i have a 4 year old who's in a different school, a 22 month old and a 9 month old both of which i stay home with. we're on a very limited income so this would be perfect, since i'd get a little discount on daycare if my kids are going there. my mother in law lives 5 minutes away and she's not picking up her phone, she's apparently against being a grandma or something. and my mom's at work til 6, but she lives half an hour away so i wouldnt want to burden her anyway. the only other person is a close friend who i'd cook dinner for if she came now but she's busy too. errr this sucks!! :(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Awww hun, I am soo super sorry. (((HUGS)))

I had always seem to be in that same perdicament. My mom works her tail off and with 4 kids' its extremely hard to find a daycare that actually was reasonable and had me leaving with some of my paycheck. So after working dead end jobs and odd hours I said " this is the end of it!!" There has got to be something better in life.. period. Another CM heard my plea and I have been soaring at my new job that I work from home at. Now I am not trying to sell or scam you so please don't take me as so. I just very well know this road. The road that just when something seems so great you can't quite get your fingers around it. Eventually that flame goes out and we get tired of trying. Well atleast I did.
    Either way, I will make this short and sweet. If you pherhaps some day would like to try working at home that involves, no stocking, no selling, and no scamming please let me know. GL!!! :)
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Better to show up with your kids in tow than not to show up at all and completely miss out. They may not mind your kids being there but if you don't go you'll never even have a chance. Go for it! And good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Why don't you pick up the application and bring it back tomorrow.

If it's a child care provider than i am sure they'd have some sympathy for a parent with no child care :)
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Its a daycare in a church right? I'm pretty sure they wouldnt mind your kids being there when you pick up the application. If anything they should understand your situation.
    quietstorm2686

Answer by quietstorm2686 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Try to go. Mary is right its best to show and get a maybe than not even try. On a side note I totally know how it is. I live in a city where I know no one. There is never anyone to watch the kids and daycare is ridiculous so how I could start back to work is completely out of my grasp. Best wishes!
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 4:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Since they are a daycare, I would think they would be more understanding of having to bring your kids with you - if your kids are well behaved and well mannered., it might even be a good "job reference" for you !! GL !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 5:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I ran into this problem ALOT when I was looking for my job!! I couldnt take a baby with me to get apps I had NO family or friends available. I sent out HUNDREDS of applications online via craigslist and monster!! Its so hard when you have kids to get a job! But taking your kids with you in this situation probably would be your best choice considering the job type! Its not a stuffy office job! You obviously have experience with kiddos!!! GL hun!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Sorry to hear you're in that situation. I would do what the first poster suggested and simply pick up an application and then drop it off when it's completed. Another option would be to call up and see if you can get an application e-mailed to you. Or maybe there is one you can download from the church's website.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010