Wait it out or not

Okay, I've made it to 351/2 weeks. I feel horrible, like I have the flu. My edema is now in my face, hands, wrists, calves, feet and toes. It is extremely painful. My blood pressure is over the 140 mark, but no protein in my urine. I have been having spuratic contractions since Sunday night, with a slight headache. Overall I just don't feel right. I was just at the hospital last week and hate to make a nusance of my self. I have an appointment on Halloween for the baby to have a stress test. Should I just bite the bullet until then, or go to the hospital and hopefully they will induce. (My doctor told me they would induce at 38 weeks if I have not gone into labor by myself, because of the hypertension) I know my baby is healthy-she is already over 6.5 lbs.
So, am I being a sissy-or should I go to the hospital. I really appreciate all your answers

Ang223

Asked by Ang223 at 6:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would go to the hospital or at least call worrying about being a nusance or a sissy is not what i would be worried about but the health of me and my child get on the phone or in the car and go see a doc and if you have to turn around and go back ten minutes later then do it that is what they are ther for good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:15 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• do what u feel is right. Im also 35 1/2 weeks pregnant and if i were in ur position i would go!
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I think you should just go, I'm sure tehy don't care.... not to mention you probably won't have all the same people help you at the hospital. I'm sure they see it a lot anyways... So go and don't worry what they will think
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I personally would wait until the 31st. It's two days away. If you have a dramatic drop of rise in your vitals, then go. But do not think going to the hospital is a nuisance to anyone. And, of course, if it is worrying you so much, then just go. Why cause stress?
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• When you have hypertension in pregnancy things can go from bad to worse quickly. I would not be concerned about being a nusance-this is your life and your baby's you are dealing with. I would call the doctor and express your concerens. They will know what is best for you.
    hutch2579

Answer by hutch2579 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 29, 2008