What have you read lately?

Looking for a new book for a book club, what have you read recently?

ThaSs

Asked by ThaSs at 4:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for my book club...we alternate classics and contemporaries, it was time for a classic, and since it was Halloween..... I re-read Pride and Prejudice, too, and liked it infinitely better.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett is a good one if you haven't done that yet. I've heard a lot of good things about Room by Emma Donoghue. I really enjoyed Juliet by Anne Fortier, but I'm not sure it had many good discussion points for a book club.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Eat Pray Love. Loved it!! This was the last book we read in our book club.
    Memory Keepers Daughter is a great one for a book club.
    My Sisters Keeper is a great one for a book club.
    The Lovely Bones was really good.
    I'm supposed to be reading the Life of Pi for our book club right now, haven't even bought it yet. Oops!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm reading the Vampire Diaries. I watch the show, and the director said the show was suppose to be based off the book, but its not really, that the book is more of a skeleton to the story. So I wanted to see the difference. Its actually pretty good.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• All that theutilitarian said are GREAT books!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm almost done with The Perfect Day.
    I"m going to read Deep End of the Ocean, I think it was Oprah's first pick, way back when....

I also completely loved The Shack.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I was not a fan of P&P&Zombies...I love the original too much, and considered it close to sacrilegious, lol. Add to that that I don't care for zombies, and...well...not my cup of tea, hehe.

I like the concept, in that it could get people to read a classic that they may not otherwise have read. And you do get to read most of the actual classic, because he basically just adds the zombie parts into the original story.

But by all means, please read it yourself. I was the oddball, the only one who didn't like it. Everyone else thought it was hilarious. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• " The Art of Raising in the Wind" I just finished that. I am currently reading "Pioneers"
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 5:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, thats sounds interesting!

ThaSs

Comment by ThaSs (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Earth's Children series!!
    KushielsChosen

Answer by KushielsChosen at 4:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Zora's Cry by Tia McColors is a really good one, i also recently read a good book called The girl who chased the moon
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2010