Cheating

I beleive in second chances but when it comes to cheating I dont think id feel that way. What do you think? Have you ever been cheated on? If you gave them a second chance, why did you? And what were the circumstances?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 7:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• Honestly you can try to forgive them. But i think the situation continues to get worse. Your sitting there wondering is he cheating again, everytime i looked at my ex's face i just saw another girl beside him. It was to hard and eventually we broke up. I dont know if consuling would help or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Also, has your relationship changed or the same??
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i got cheated on many times by my ex-boyfriends. i never gave them a second chance.

if somebody is doing it once, they will do it again.

i can forgive many things, but not cheating. its one of the worse things you can do to your partner.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I got drunk once when I was really depressed and when we were going through a rough patch and I cheated on my husband. It was the worse mistake of my life and I would never ever do it again. One of the reasons I don't drink anymore, ever. I think if something like that happened and I was on the other side of the fence I would be hurt but try to be understanding and give him a second chance. On the other hand if it was a repeat occurrence or an affair I couldn't stay in that relationship. Slip-ups can happen; everyone is human but it is like the old saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." By the way, it has never happened again and just because something happens and a person makes a mistake once does NOT necessarily mean it will happen again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Me and my S/O lived 1300 miles apart for the first 3 years of our realationship... and we had 2 kids in those three years. We didnt get to see eachother very often because of work and weather he's a farmer so there were only certain times of the year he could get away and I was from a place with really bad winters and didnt want to drive in it with the kids and when he did have the time he always made the effort to make all the plans and arrangments to come and see me or us.... anyway I was not really nice to him and was always refusing to see him exept like once or twice a year.... and well he had a few flings they were just one night things, and while it broke my heart I knew what pain i was putting him through and that i couldnt expect him to get laid once a year!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• CONT.... so when I moved out here with him last year he told me everything and of corse again it totally broke my heart but in a weird way I understood, so we started over from that point on, i still think about it from time to time if we are having problems but I never throw it in his face its done and overwith and those girls are history and here I am!!!
    scaredmommy08

• I think this is an answer depends upon the individual situation. Honestly, I don't think it's that uncommon for a spouse to cheat at some point in their marriage. I do think if it happens and the other spouse finds out, some kind of counseling has to happen to restore harmony to the relationship.

I do think often times there is a reason a spouse cheats that lies within them as a person or within the marriage itself. Some people just can't be married or manogomous in a marriage. You can't make a person be something they aren't.

pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 8:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My husband cheated on me 5 years ago, it was a six month long affair, that ended when he discovered she was nuts. We are still together, our son was concieved right after the end of the afffair. iT was very and is still very hard to forgive him. I do worry alot if he is doing it or wants to do it again. Yes it changed our relation ship, there is no way it couldnt change our relationship. We talked alot about everything right after that, and he realized how much he could of lost had he continued the affair. Should it ever happen again there is no way i would stay though, i couldnt bear that pain again.
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 10:35 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• BDTD and we are fully and happily reconciled. If someone didn't know about, they couldn't tell. It takes ALOT of work.
    Momto5kiddos

Answer by Momto5kiddos at 1:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2008