What's the typical schedule your child visits their dad?

My daughter is 4 and me and her dad never were married and never lived together. She see's her dad every Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday and she spends a weekend there from fri- sun once a month too. He also gets to see her every holiday we switch like this year Ill get her on Halloween but last year he did but . I want her life to be as normal as possible and he is asking if he cant start having her every other weekend. so I am just wondering how much your child goes and sees their dad and what the schedule is like. and how old they are.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• My girls are 4 (just turned) & 6 months. We were never married but we lived together. I moved out when I was pregnant with #2. Last year was too new & fresh w/the holidays so I'm not sure how the holidays are going to work but visitation schedule is - I drop them off w/their dad Sunday afternoon/early evening. He has them the rest of the day Sunday. He takes the older one to preschool, keeps the baby during the day. Picks up M after preschool, has her until Tuesday when she goes to preschool. Also keeps the baby on Tuesday. I pick both of them up Tuesday at 4 PM from him.

Hope that helps a little.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Never , he cant even see our daughter once a week!
    missmoma73

Answer by missmoma73 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I was with my ex for 6 yrs, married almost 4 of those.. we made up our own schedule. He takes them every other weekend from what ever time he gets off work on Friday till 7:15pm on Sunday. He also has them Tuesday and Thursday night for dinner...whatever time he gets off work, till 7:30pm. Works out okay with a few snags here and there, and honestly the snags come from me. He moved on super fast after the divorce and is already living with his g/f. She's a sweetheart, just hard to have someone else in my kids life right now. Just something I have to get over.
    Mind you, my ex was never a bad father though. He loves his kids to no end and I want them to spend time together...I just want to make sure we have a pretty set schedule so that the boys know what's going on. Holidays we alternate. I have Halloween this year, he has Thanksgiving...he has Christmas eve, and Christmas day I'm going to split with him.
    lysa7lou0507

Answer by lysa7lou0507 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• right now i have no schedule for her because we live in different states and i think she is too young to be travling that much even twice a month. but he comes to see her whenever he wants and when i go visit family i always tell him.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My husband has full custody since they were 3 they are 11 now. Before the got it they both had them one week at a time, once she proved she couldn't handle that it went to she got them every other weekend & is allowed to see them wed from 6-8. I believe that is Ohio's general schedule, but their "mom" hardly ever gets them. She'll show up every other weekend for a few months then go months without even a phone call. But not once has she ever gotten them during the week even when we lived 5 mins walking distance from her. So I guess if you don't want to give him every other weekend make him take you to court for it.
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My parents divorced when I was 15. I'd never really been close to my dad, and at that age, I didn't want to change my social life around to spend alternate weekends with him. But my youngest sister was only 8 and didn't really mind. We did the every other weekend thing for a few years, then my brothers went to live with my dad. So we did 3 week rotations. One week everyone with mom, next week with dad, next week everyone stayed put. Eventually, mom and dad got the picture that we could choose and if not forced into something, we'd be more willing to hang out whenever.
    Since your little one is still small, as long as she's enjoying her daddy time, let her have it. Make sure it's not too inconvenient for you - you need a life too. But it's good for kids to be with both parents.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• DD's bio dad is supposed to go with him every other weekend from Friday at 6pm to sunday at 6pm. This rarely happens. We split Thanksgiving, Chritmas Eve/Christmas day, & her bday.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• every day we are married
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• They don't. We got divorced, he quit his job, crawled to the bottom of a Jack Daniels bottle and has not been seen since...it is a blessing we don't have to deal with him.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I was never married to my son's father, but we have joint custody. We both spend the exact same amount of time with him and we rotate the big holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter). We set up our visitation schedule on our own. It works for us.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010