I really need help. Really.

sorry this is kinda long...

I am kind of depressed lately. I'm 19, 10 weeks pregnant, & start a new job next week. They have no clue about my pregnancy. This pregnancy was pretty much a surprise. I just graduated high school. Just moved in with my bf ( babys father) of 1 year. Just now starting a minimum wage job ( Sears). I am in over my head. I have no family to help out. He has a great family but they don't know about the baby yet. Not sure on how they will react considering we're not married. I guess I just need some hope. I don't know how my manager is going to take the news, i need this job. Idk how is family will react. I am depressed. Please help!

BRITTN3Y

Asked by BRITTN3Y at 5:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• do you want to keep the baby? There are tons of couples out there wanting to privatly adopt. If you want some sites message me.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I thnk it is just a scary time. If you guys are happy together then it will work out. It will be hard but it is possible! Wait until you are more comfortale with it to tell people. Their reaction will have a lot to do with how you feel about it. His family may be disappointed at first but families have a way of coming around.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Well, this is 2010 & HOPEFULLY his parents will be accepting. I would tell your employer....but that's just me. If you think it will jeopardize it, hold off on telling your employer for now. I know there are laws about them not being able to fire you because you are pregnant but there are ways around that....they can give 100 other reasons.
    I know it is overwhelming. I'm 36 and I am STILL overwhelmed. There is never a ''perfect'' time to have a kid. You can plan & plan until you are blue in the face...things don't always turn out as planned. Take some deep breaths, try to clear your head and just take things as they come.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• First off tell his family and your boss A.S.A.P . Then get started living your life . Your stressing is not healthy for you or your baby.
    chickpee

Answer by chickpee at 6:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Look at it like this, you know how your scared to tell someone something, your afraid of how they'le take it but if you look back, it always works out in the end. It may be a shocker in the beginning but as people have time to let it soak in they're generally okay with it. You said he has a good family, then they will probably, once they know youd preg.,jump in there and help you. Babies have a way of briging people together. As far as your job, since your only 10 weeks, wait a couple weeks then tell your boss. I can't see sears letting you go cause your pregnant. I'm sure it is scarey for you but I'd take one step at a time.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I was in a somewhat similar situation. I was 19 just moved to a new town with my boyfriend & his twin 11 yr old daughters. Finally found a job a month later. Not even a month after I started the job I found out I was pregnant. I was terrified to tell my boss but he was unbelievably terrific about it! You don't have to tell them until your just about showing, they cant fire you for it. But I was glad I told them early on they made it less stressful, and wouldn't let me carry heavy stuff lol
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• thank you everyone, it is nice to know people will take time out to share.
    BRITTN3Y

Comment by BRITTN3Y (original poster) at 8:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2010