Tarot Question

Do you let others handle your cards or are you the only one who touches them?

I'm curious about how other people do it. I am the only one who touches my cards unless they are in their box.

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 5:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Actually I use the Fairy cards when I do readings, and I have the person mix them up before I
    lay them out... I have only done a few readings and by having the person mix them for a minute
    the cards can pick up on who they are...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't believe in letting others touch my cards. Some who do public readings will have the subject cut the cards or pick at random from the deck. I don't. I think this disrupts the energy of the cards and requires them to be cleansed on my altar.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i'm the only one
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I always have the person I am reading for give a shuffle or cut the cards before reading them..as well as the person getting the reading getting to look at the cards and be highly involved in the reading. My cards are very attuned to me so I have no issue letting others touch them.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 5:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If I'm doing a reading for someone else (which is rare) they handle them, but I usually only do readings for me, so I'm the only one that handles them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Typically, I'm the only one who touches them. I'm ok with someone looking at them, so long as they ask me first, and I do readings for friends every now and then (maybe once or twice a year), so they touch them, then. I have two decks of cards, but I can only read one of them. The others don't work for me.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Like I said, I was curious.

I used to have the person asking for a reading shuffle the cards. I did a reading for a friend who lived several counties away so obviously she couldn't handle the cards. I found that focusing on the person instead of them handling the cards seem to help the cards to work better for me. Since then, I'm the only one that handles them.

Thanks ladies for answering ...
    SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If doing a reading for someone else, I have them shuffle the cards to instill their Energy into the cards.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I only do readings for myself & no one has touched my current deck but, me. I used to do readings for others & I would have them shuffle & cut the deck.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010