Question for Pregnant Moms who are on bed or have been on bed rest?

What would rather receive as a gift, about $80 gift for baby OR $40 gift for Baby AND have someone give you a mani/pedi while on bedrest?

My SIL is on bedrest at the Hospital for at least another 7 weeks, and I heard her saying that she can't go get a pedicure now. I thought it would be kind of neat to have someone come to her and give her a mani/pedi at the Hospital. I've found someone to do it already, I just want Mommies opinions.

What do you think???

Thanks in advance!

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 5:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think the mani/pedi is a good idea. It's about to be all about the baby, so it'd be nice for her to be pampered one last time before the baby :)
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 5:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If you can provide someone to pamper her with a mani/pedi -- go for it.
    It gets miserable after a while of not being able to do anything but you deal with it bc it is best for you and your baby.

ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I the mani/pedi would be wonderful!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• *sigh* That SHOULD read ... I THINK the ....
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think that would be very nice in fact i think all pregnant women should have some pampering :) BTW if you need a great gift I do pretty nice sized baby gift sets (because I refuse to pay someone $70+ for 3 items) for a pretty decent price and all my sets include a free gift for the mommy too :) she is very lucky to have such a sweet SIL like you :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i think the mani pedi would be awsome, i always tell people the best thing for urself before labor is get a pedi cus no one wants the first time they see there feet again and them be ugly. lol
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 5:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm not a big mani/pedi person myself (Never had either) so I would say 80 for the baby. That would still make my day, even in the hospital. Luckily, my bedrest so far has been at home.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 6:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Mani/pedi would be nice..but then again..she could use the $$ to do some online shopping..and thats always therapeutic and fun!
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am a firm believer in giving something to the mother too. It's always about the baby, so it's nice that mom can get pampered too. Personally I'd try to get the pedicure done before labor and not at the hospital. I always felt gross at the hospital even after a shower and clean clothes. I didn't really care to have friends or other people besides family visit me in the hospital.
    Also, pedicures are wonderful when you are pregnant!
    ajrobbins

Answer by ajrobbins at 10:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Thanks Ladies! She's on bedrest at the Hospital. So she literally has nothing to do, but lay there. She can't even relax and take a bath. Poor thing. I've found someone who can do a mani/pedi at the hospital with Organic products.
    mommy2joeynabby

Comment by mommy2joeynabby (original poster) at 2:19 AM on Oct. 22, 2010