WHY DON'T TEENAGE KIDS WANT TO HAVE A FUN LIFE?

nOW THAT MY SON IS IN SCHOOL - ALL I HEAR ABOUT IS THIS COUPLE OR THAT COUPLE IS HAVING A BABY. i'M NOT AGAINST A FAMILY LIFE~ BUT, i DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY? tHAT KIDS THAT ARE IN SCHOOL ARE EVEN THINKNG ABOUT sex. wHEN i WAS IN SCHOOL- wHO HAD TIME TO EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. i WAS BUSY TRYING TO PASS MY CLASSES OR DOING EXTRA CREDIT HOMEWORK, OR TAKING EXTRA AFTER SCHOOL CLASES (DRAMA.YEARBOOK,RTC...)
wHAT IS HAPPENING THAT EVERY TIME YOU TURN AROUND NOW THAT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT "s_x?

Irontontiger

Asked by Irontontiger at 5:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• amen! my little bro has a different girl in his bed every week and he is 17!!! he has already gotten 2 girls pregnant both of them did not have the baby :-( i cant wait until he gets one pregnant and she does keep the baby! it will be a big kick in the ass for him! he has no job is failing school, doesnt even go to school half the time, and spends all his time sleeping with girls and smoking pot!!! high school should be about preparing for college and the real world. not starting a family when ur still a kid urself! i graduated 5 years ago and during my 4 years of high school at least 15 girls had babies, and countless more were pregnant but didnt have the baby. its so sad wat the world is coming too!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• some teens think having sex is fun. they are not thinking about the consequences of their actions when they have sex. some girls do it to get a guy to like them, guys do it to be the "popular" kid. high school can be a very rough and very competitive road for a lot of teens and most young people will do anything it takes to "fit in".
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• When my kids were in school, it wasn't "all about sex". They were involved in school,getting good grades, sports teams, groups of friends we knew and trusted. Sex came after they went to college.
    Teens having sex and having babies is a new phenomenon. ANd not a good thing. School and friends are so much more important and smart than havng sex.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Well, when I was in school I was definitely more like him than you... Sex was (and is) a lot more fun than school work or my job... Honestly, the people I knew in HS that cared about class were the vast minority... I don't see how extra credit work or whatever can be fun... It certianly isn't what I thought of as fun...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Well I am 32 and it was always about sex in HS...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have quadroplet teens. ALWAYS FIGHTING! ALWAYS MOODY!!!! i luv that about them. i NEVER got over that phase. its nice that its not just me. i kno my kids have lives. They just arent fun. if ur that tired of them NOT having fun then do wat i do, send them to the mall. Both my girls AND my boys LOVE it.
    LunaLovegood62

Answer by LunaLovegood62 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I really don't think that sex in HS is anything new, it just wasn't something people talked about. I mean years ago they sent girls who got pregnant away to have their babies and broke up families (Read the Girls who Went Away). Sex and pregnancy in HS has been around a long time. There are lots of reasons kids have sex, to be popular, to experiment, they like it, its fun, some use it to fill avoid (that was me sex with everyone thinking someone would love me). Teens believe things like pregnancy and STD's won't happen to them, or they simply really don't think at all about the consequences.
    My 16 yr old thinks about sex, as far as I know hasn't done it. He is focused on his school work (carries a 3.9 GPA), is active in 4 different sports, tutors other students, helps coach and mentor younger kids. He has a girlfriend but focuses on his goals. Not all kids are doing it..you just hear more about the ones that are.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Our whole culture seems to be about sex.....we do seem to be a little sex obsessed, and when teens hormones start...well, combined with the culture we live in.....what can I say?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Truthfully I think many parents and society are so eager to allow and push their young teenagers to hurry up and date. I think this is the leading cause for it. I have been talking to my teen about enjoying high school, go to games, have fun, hang out, go to the mall, go to the movies! But then again we have a four year old too and she knows what it is like to have a little one tying you down and limiting your fun.
    iluv2meow

Answer by iluv2meow at 1:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My daughter's high school it not at all like this. A pregnant student is absolutely scandalous there. It is an inner city, academically advanced school, with nearly 100% college attendance

http://www.wyoung.org/

Answer by rkoloms at 4:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2010