How do your teens friends act around you?

The reason I ask is that my DS -15 yo- friends are very much themselves with me, and I encourage it, that way I know who they really are not just the "best behavior". Also they talk about EVERYTHING around and sometimes with me. My husband is uncomfortable with it, I never bring up inappropriate topics, but I do correct them or get in on the conversation if they are using "hallway facts" about sex, drugs, ect.. or if they are like bashing someone I will jump in with another side of possible reasons for whatever has them mad at that person.

goaliemom93

Asked by goaliemom93 at 8:39 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• My son's friends act like they do any other time minus the cussing. Kids come into my house and I treat them like their my own.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My sons friends the same way with me. We are always having conversations about girls and things that are going on at the school. I would rather have them comfortable around me and at my house then not. My husband also gets into the conversations from time to time.

I think it is great that you are that way. Your sons friends must trust you and that is a great thing.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Some of my son's (13 yrs) friends think I'm the meanest mom in the world..I sent my son to boot camp. I enrolled him in the Young Marines. He's in there for character built up and leadership skills. My co-workers runs it. I've met some of his friends, but I haven't talked to them much. They don't really come over, but when they do come by I mess with my son or with them jokingly....They don't stay long to hang out. I know some have made comments that I don't look like his mom, but an older sister and that I'm hot....lol...I don't think so. Maybe thats why he doesn't like them over. They most go ride their bike around and hang out at the park. 

I think it's a good idea that they can be around you and feel confortable talking to you.  

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my teens friends are always at our home and act as one of my children, (just much more respectful) I would not want it another way!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My boys are 18,And one will be 20 next month,So I have known their Friends for yrs,Since Pre-K.They act the same around me as they would anywhere else!Littlle Crazy sometimes,But thats O-kay!But,They are also respectful in my home!
    Erica37

Answer by Erica37 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my daughter and her fiances friends all act like my kids, half of them call me Mom. Biggest difference is that most of them talk about stuff with and around me that they never talk to their parents about. They know I don't freak out easily.
    MysticFerret

Answer by MysticFerret at 7:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I talk to my sons friends in and out of my home. Sometimes the older my son gets annoyed and thinks I talk too much. I have tried as he does get older to be less involved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• my kids' friends talk to me like they would talk to me kids. i encourage it so i know they arent just pretending to be good in front of and then have some undiscovered sercret later on. i like to be there from them as much as possible too, some of them i have known them since they were born. They are very open with me and talk about everything around me; sex, durgs, alcohol etc. i put my two sense in and i always tell them to think about " What would grandma think, if she knew i was doing this ? " its my famous line to them haha
    MOMMAof5_

Answer by MOMMAof5_ at 5:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2008