Just came from the Dr. I am 80 - 90% effaced and almost 3 cm dialated? How long did you go when you were this far along? Any women last still a week or two?

I am scheduled to be induced on the 30th but I am excited and wanted to hear when other mothers went with that same info. I will be 39 weeks this Sunday. I am having consistent braxton hix but no pain yet. Getting very excited!!

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it will be soon for you! Congratulations!!!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• They never told me how effaced I was, but he came pretty quick after I started dilating... the next day.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 5:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I was dilated to 4 cm with 2 of our boys for about 3-4 weeks.... I can't remember the % of effacement.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Why are you being induced on the 30th??
    I've had clients who were dilated to 4 for weeks before delivering. Unfortunately, there isn't much to be gained from cervical checks, unless you are in labor and have the urge to push.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I was dilated to 4 for quite awhile with my second and I only went into labor after my OB stripped my membranes, so I would have been at 4 for a couple of weeks most likely if she hadn't thrown me into labor. My last two were induced.

Baby comes when they want to come. The effacement and dilation are only a representation that things are starting to progress, it's no indicator of how soon you will actually go into labor unfortunately.
    ajrobbins

Answer by ajrobbins at 10:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010