I have a 25 yr old daughter who has a 15 mth old daughter, they live in a sm one bdrm apartment with her boyfriend, who is nice but obnious he is also a hoarder. How can I get my daughter that this is not healthy or safe for my granddaughter

chickpee

Asked by chickpee at 5:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Offer to let her and the baby move in with you. If she loves him, you won't be able to convince her that he is bad news until she sees his ugly side herself. Give her your support and love - she will need you when she discovers that prince charming isn't so charming afterall.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• She may take offense so try to approach the matter in a not so obvious way like when you go over offer to help her clean up or organize the space, or you could say "Oh my looks like (childs name) has been keeping you pretty busy why don't I take her to the park so you can have some me time and get some housework and other things done" Good luck
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• make her watch the show Hoarders I don't remember what channel it is on but I saw it one day while at my grandmas It is so DISTURBING! Look it up on the net & show her how bad he can get, it can be an illness. I also love 405mom's answer.
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You can't. She is grown, she will live her life as she chooses...that is the hard part about our children growing up, it is no longer in our control.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2010