What is the big deal about Teen Mom??

Does everyone watch it but me??
I see so many posts about that show...what is the big deal with it??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 6:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• sadly i watch it b/c it makes me feel like a better parent, shallow i know but oh well.... ive only watched season 1 & 2 and that will be it for me
    Bella3113

Answer by Bella3113 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I was flipping through channels one night, it was the beginning of the show's season, and I landed on it and decided "what the hell?" so i watched some of it. then it went to a commercial and i found myself anticipating the commercials to be over to see what would happen next. then when the show ended i was like "wow, that was interesting" and was actually waiting for the next week to watch it again. so i became hooked after that. im actually sad the season just ended.

anyhow, nothing is a "big deal" until you find out for yourself. there's plenty of shows i dont watch that other people do and i think the same thing "what's the big deal?".

teen mom does not glorify teen pregnancy. they show the everyday struggles that young moms deal with. i dont think young teenagers are going to watch it and think "oh hey i wanna get pregnant now" ya know? infact, the opposite will probably happen.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No big deal, it's just a reality show, but I guess since it's about teenagers having kids, it's interesting to a lot of mothers... I watch it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Eh I was a teen mom but I don't watch the show however i get a kick out of The secret life of the american teenager lol
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• LilJeni ... you are not alone. I have NEVER seen it but I have noticed all the questions about it. I can't stand the so-called "reality" shows on these days.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I've never seen the show... So I couldn't tell you.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't watch it because I have a teenage daughter. I certainly do not want them to be her role model! I think it has become too commonplace for sexual behavior to be the rule rather than the exception with teens. It makes me sad that children are born to young people who are not even ready to take care of themselves, let alone an infant. I cannot stand to see so many girls having babies by multiple boys and then having to fend for themselves or dump their children off on their own parents. It is just sick and I don't understand how this kind of behavior has made its way to mainstream America such that there are now television shows about it!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Neebug, no offense, but I think it would actually be VERY beneficial for teenagers (both boys and girls) to watch! They don't glamorize teenage pregnancy or teen moms at all. Quite the contrary, they show all the struggles they go through, and the things they have to sacrifice. If I was a teenager and saw the show, I'd certainly think twice about being careless.

You haven't watched the show, so I think you have a very wrong idea of what it is....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i am a teen mom and i am married and living in my own house with a new car and new suv ...i believe you make ur own struggles in life and if you can be strong through them good things will come
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 10:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I watch the show with my teens and we talk about it...I was a teen mom so i like to tell them what the reality is compared to what they see on the show...I mean in real life they would be driving dumpy cars first of all and why don't they ever show these girls walking through a store with their last $20 trying to buy food and diapers with that...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2010