How do you leave? adult content

Well my boyfriend and I are having problems lately and now it has escalated where we dont speak to each other and we are not intimate except when he wants a quite BJ and I dont even give that to him. He makes me so depressed because i feel I am not good enough for him, he brings me down, etc. I could go on for days. Lets just say I havent showered in days( i know its gross) but i just dont feel like it.(but I am not stinky because when i give my son a bath i at least get in the bath with him its just the hair i havent washed. and I havent gotten out of my pjs in days. I am so depressed and feel like I am worthless. I dont know how to leave hime. I have been unemployed for over a year and we have a 2 year old son. I have no money to my name..how do i leave. i do have a car but that is it.(not worth selling either). I have a place i can stay(moms house) but i cant bring myself to do it. we have been together for over 5 yrs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• i could have written this a few weeks ago
    was with him for five years, made me feel like crap, treated me like crap, was depressed (i did showert hough-lol)
    we have 3 yr old together, not married, no money- sahm- just car and a mom who took us in
    i did it! you can too
    i tryed therapy, and therpaist told me to leave, worried about safty etc
    anyway, i am here at mom's (not great for me) but super for my child
    i asked myself if i would want my child in a situation like i was in, or a dear friend or sister
    and my answer was NO, so why was i putting up with it, i too beserve much better than emotional abuse
    youdeserve better too

message me if you like, i WAS in your EXACT shoes only a few weeks ago, not something you can do over night, but you sound ready to move on and make a new life
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If you have a place to stay, and a car to get around for job interviews and such, I would say LEAVE! You sound horribly depressed, and that's not good for you, or your son... The first step is the hardest, trust me. Been there, done that. But your son deserves to have a happy, healthy mother. Just keep that in mind.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• That's how things were with my now ex-dh. We were miserable, but I couldn't bring myself to leave. We were together since 2004, and just divorced this year in May. I still don't know why I feel the way I do towards him. He was very hurtful towards me, tons of verbal and mental abuse, with a splash of physical. One of those situations that you look at and swear it would never be you, you'd never put up with that kind of crap. I know it's going to take a long time to get over this, he's done moved on and now lives with a new g/f. I know I don't want him back, but I can't help feeling the way I do. What you need to do is look at your babies...do you really want them to think that is a "normal" okay life to live? Do you want them to grow up disrespecting people, you? I must admit that now my boys are happy, they don't see mom and dad fight anymore...no more crying from mom. Just do what's best for you kids. ((hugs))
    lysa7lou0507

Answer by lysa7lou0507 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Thank you both. Its just the hardest part is I do love him and I think we have something but i went on a mini vaca with my mom and son for the weekend to go on the train and pickup her car that my grandparents gave her and it was for 2 days and he knew about it and i got back and thats when i noticed the change. All I can think about is if he is talking with a girl in his class at college(he goes a few hours a day every day) but he always forgets his phone at home and i check because i am the jealous type and he would do the same, and there is nothing suspicious and i have even looked online for texts and numbers he might have deleted out of his phone and there is nothing.. I am probably overreacting but lately since i have been back this week its just been hell and everytime i try and make things better or talk or ask whats wrong he just blows me off and i get mad. but counseling might help...maybe?
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Good luck, it's a tough choice and im in the exact same boat you are so i can relate
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You have a car and a place to stay. Pack the car, put your kid in his car seat, and go.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• That is a really tough situation. I hate to see relationships fail... could you possibly talk it out with him?
    Mrs.DeRoberts

Answer by Mrs.DeRoberts at 6:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Honestly I would try individual counceling and then progess onto couples counceling before leaving...you need to get yourself happy and in a stable ploace before deciding to take a step like that. I'm sorry this may come accross as harsh..but he's not making you stay in your pjs or not shower, what will be so different at your mom's house that will make you happy?..don't answer just something to consider
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010