I got a drooler...

My house is a very old victorian house and its a pain to heat...Basicly its impossible to get warm and keep it that way. Right now we are locking ourselfs in one room and blowing the heat full blast...but 15ft ceilings suck. Anyway, Gauge drools and sucks on his hands ALL day. He wont use a chew toy or keep his pasie in his mouth, so the drool soaks his hands....and the air turns them ICE cold....What can I do?? And can cold hands make him sick?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a drooler as well!! We have valuted ceilings and don't have the heat on very high-to help keep the bill down as much as possible! So, I wipe her hands a lot w/a burp cloth and I keep a bib on her and change it often-I can go through 5bibs a day-plus the one or two that are needed when she is eating her solids! But that is about all I can do and I hold her hands at times when she sits on my lap and we play "patty cake".......
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I have the same problem with my son. I try to give him stuffed toys to play with as an attempt to dry off his hands- but this doesn't work very well.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:40 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i have the same problem with my 4 month old.
    luckily it's not that cold here--i live in the south but when we are out in the cold his hands and face get ice cold from the drooling and gnawing.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:49 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Mine too... cold hands from excessive sucking. Mine has recently discovered stuffed animals.. she likes the small ones with the rattle inside, she loves to suck on them and shake them for noise...
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 10:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I live in Alabama...You would think itd be warm but we had a cold front come in...
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 5:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2008