Have you ever used a Netti Pot?

I have bad allergies and sinuses and just started using a Netti Pot. For the moment I am not sneezing and my nose is not running but I am wondering if anyone has used one long term and how you like it.

ValerieRNmom

Asked by ValerieRNmom at 6:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Health

• I started using a Netti Pot (and the bottle sinus rinse, also) about a month ago because my sinus problems are so bad this time of year, and I had never tried that before. It's helped me so much already. I don't use it everyday, but I do use it a lot and I love it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• not for long term but any time i get clogged up i do use it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have one and only use it when my nose is really stuffed up....If you use it too much it will dry your nose out really bad. I don't think it's made to use everyday...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes, and I hate it. It feels like I'm drowning and I'm using it correctly.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 6:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I only use it when I am stuffy, but I saw Dr. Oz on Oprah saying he used it every day.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• layh I saw that too which is why I bought the Netti Pot in the first place. The directions say not to use it everyday or with the whole saline packet in the beginning b/c it can be drying. Maybe I will use it every other day during my bad seasons (fall and spring) and see how it goes. Thanks everyone for ur responses!
    ValerieRNmom

Comment by ValerieRNmom (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Never heard of it!
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 9:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have used it on occassion, I didn't think it was meant to be used everyday. I like it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010