Do you think Juan Williams should have been fired by NPR (National Progressive Radio)?

He told O'Reilly that it makes him nervous to fly with devout Muslims. Well I happen to feel the same way.

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country," Williams said.
"But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they're identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No, NPR is funded by our tax dollars and CAIR pushed them to do it. In this PC world NPR didn't want to ruffle feathers.
    It's ok though, Juan has a new home at FOX, 3 yrs and 2 million dollars. He can speak his mind now, like everyone should be able to do. Even if it isn't the right wing conservative media Libs like to label FOX with. He and his moderate views are welcome at FOX
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Be a lemming.... Or you will be fired... 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think this is a good time to analyze cutting government funding to NPR...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No I don't think they should fire him. Those are his feelings and his opinion, he should be able to share them honestly without losing his job.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Why do Republicans make so many generalizations about Liberals anymore? It is getting old and so uneducated

And why do Liberals make so many generalizations about Republicans, or better yet Conservatives, who can be in any party? Conservatives are accused all the time of pushing their agenda on people. Well, Liberals do the same thing but somehow it's okay for them to do it. You're right, the double standard is getting old and it's is uneducated!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 8:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It only solidifes that NPR is biased and doesn't REALLY want to encourage discussion. They should have challenged him on air to debate/discuss. They didn't. They would rather have little zombies running around thinking, speaking, and breathing what NPR wants...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Know whats interesting? Joe Biden and Harry Ried can make racist comments in regards to Obama and they get a free pass and a chance to back-peddle even. Hillary Clinton can be a part of the original Birther campaign and she is overlooked.... But Juan Williams is fired for speaking free... Just goes to show you the hypocrisy in our political arena and media

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• National Public Radio. If you're going to post a question, please get the name of the station correct.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 6:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No, he shouldn't,but count on the hysterical liberals, who've taken "politically correct" to a whole new, ungodly level. I've never been a fan of his, till now. I will now support him in whatever he chooses to do.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 7:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Carpy, I'm disappointed. To me this is a direct result of an old friend of yours (sorry if I'm confusing you with others.) Good ole George Soros. One year ago Juan was warned not to ID himself as an NPR employee when going on Fox. Last week, Soros donated 1.8 million dollars to NPR to hire "journalists". Suddenly someone with a link to Fox is fired. Coincidence. I think not.

Even Whoopi Goldberg slammed NPR today. What Williams said was benign. That portion was the only part that could be remotely construed as non-PC. THe rest he disagreed with O'Reilly on his statement about Muslims. NPR is about to lose it's public funding. Several members of Congress, both sides of the aisle, have called for them to be defunded. It's about time they did something useful.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2010