Is there a difference between caring and loving?

According to Sapna Aurora, the difference is caring is human (duty) and love is divine.

Saying, "I care for you, but I'm not in love with you." But then again, you SO can also say that he love you during peak of orgasm. How do you know the difference? How do the emotions between caring and loving relate in a relationship?

Example, if your SO makes a big mistake that hurt deeply, would you stop loving, but still care, or stop loving and caring? (Can't love without caring. )

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• To me caring and loving are not the same exactly, but not that different. I have lots of people that I care about, which one could argue that I then love them in a way. I care about people in different ways like I love people in different ways. It kind of goes hand in hand to me.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Love and lust are two different emotions, and a person may save "love" during the height of sexual passion and mean it at the time, but when the passion is past, then logic takes over. To care for someone means something you give to them, an emotion that involves giving. To love someone means that there is loving feedback- the love you receive from the other person encourages your love.

Answer by Bmat at 7:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• To me caring about someone and loving them is so much different. I care about my friends and I wouldnt want anything bad to happen to them but I love my husband and I know he loves me 2.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i think you can care without loving but you can't love someone and not care.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2010