Does anyone else have this chronic issue?

I have chronic endometreosis and I know it can cause a lot of issues with trying to get pregnant. Has anyone else been pregnant (and had the baby) that had chronic endometreosis??

meagan678

Asked by meagan678 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Health

• My best friend had surgery to remove some of the scar tissue and was able to get pregnant. She has a healthy 4 year old girl.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• good to hear. ive had a few surgeries to remove it but theres just so much so theres many more surgeries in my future
    meagan678

Comment by meagan678 (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have it but was not diagnosed till after my first child. It took forever but I now have 2!! Just don't give up, it took over a year and half for it to happen! We are now TTC for # 3, it has been months and no such luck. The Dr. keeps telling me that I should just have treatment and stop trying...but I am not ready for that. I was told at 25 that I would probably have a full hystorectomy by the time I was 30. I still have 3 years, so I will try as long as it takes. Best of luck to you!
    willkanmom

Answer by willkanmom at 7:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have had chronic Endo and PCOS(Polycystic ovarian syndrome)since I was a teenager and I am now 38 and 38 weeks pregnant with my 3rd which was a surprise baby because my other two are 18 & 16. I was put on Zolodex after my 2nd baby to stop the growths and was told it will put me thru early menopause which it did at age 33. I was told by numerous specialist that I am done having babies or so we all thought. I have had well over a dozen surgeries since being diagnosed over 25 years ago and have gotten pregnant with no problems. I have been pregnant six times but only three did I go full term. I used BC pills for over 12 years to help with some of the negatives of Endo. No, it doesn't take it away as we all know but it definitely has helped me fortunately.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 7:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Endometriosis runs in my family. My aunt was never able to have children. My mom, her mom, and my dad's mom were all diagnosed and still able to have children. From my understanding, it can be either on the inside or the outside of the uteris, and that can make a difference. Also, it can be removed and will go dormant during a pregnancy, then come back afterwards, but leaves you safe for child bearing.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 8:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Thank you everyone. that's so much more comforting to me
    meagan678

Comment by meagan678 (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2010