what should I do? didn't know where to post this

well, my fiance and I have been together for 3 years and we have a 2 year old son together as well as custody of his two daughters from a previous marriage.

we are happy and planning an October 15, 2011 wedding! BUT>>>>

my family are being complete jerks about it. well, (i have a smaller family mainly grandparents, aunt uncle, sister, mom My dad's side of the family is basically out of my life and out of the picture and have been since I was very young) I'm 21 Nathan is 30 and ya we do have our fights and in the past 3 years we have had some where I felt like I just needed to pack up and leave. But every couple fights. And I'm proud to say we haven't had a huge fight in months!

well anyways my mom is cool and wants to help,and my aunt and uncle love Nathan. but my grandparents flat out told me they won't have anything to do with the wedding and my grandfather wont even show up! And everytime I try to talk about th

hixons_mommy

Asked by hixons_mommy at 6:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Go on with the planning, send them an invite. There is a good chance they will come after all the planning is said & done. They're just being assholes right now. Everyone will be phsyched for your wedding & they will feel like jerks because they are the only ones against it. They will get used to the concept within the year, I would not worry about your old fashioned grandparents. I betcha anything, they'll show up.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• and if they dont show up, atleast u dont have to hear their mouths about anything
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• its your wedding not theirs, just go have your incredible day and dont worry about them, Best of luck :)
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• run..run run run. You are young you don't need a man with that much baggage. i did the same thing. i was 18..got with a guy who was 10 years older with me and already had 2 kids. at 21 i had my son, he completely changed after my son was born..thats when all the fighting started. All he realliy wanted was a mother/baby sitter for the 2 kids he already had. Thats my story..i did love his kids but i wasnt gonna let him be ugly to me and keep me as his baby sitter. no way. This man is no dummy..he's got experience on you and he knows what he is doing..don't let him fool you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• maybe your grandparents can see the true picture...they are outsiders looking in, if ya know what i mean..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2010