If you realize that you do not

love your husband can you live your life caring for him and taking care of him?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 7:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think it is best to stay with someone you don't love. It is best for everyone to move on. There is a difference between care and love. If you care for him you can always help but you don't have to stay with him.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• For better , for worse , in sickness and in health till death do us part.....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If I loved him once, then I think that we could probably work to find that love again.....if I didn't love him in the first place I shouldn't have married him, and I think I'd owe him the effort of trying to make the marriage work and look for something to love in him.

If something happened that was beyond anything I could get over, then I'd leave.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• no..i would build up spite and it would show..i would run him off or either run away myself
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• wow that is a hard one... I would think I deserve to be happy too and could I grow to love this man while caring for him and eventually end up happier then ever.... because I really do believe it is what you do for others that makes you happy in life
    southerndesign

Answer by southerndesign at 7:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't think I could stay with someone I didn't love. First of all that would be a waste of my time and secondly...yea it's going to hurt them that your leaving and you don't love them anymore but it will hurt more when they find out you aren't in love with them! I couldn't .. my best friend actually just asked me this a few weeks ago!! She JUST got married and a week after realized that she didn't love him (they've been together for 9yrs) I guess she met this guy a week before the wedding and had an instant connection. Crazy thing is she TOLD Jason (who is now her husband) that she had crazy feelings for this person she just met and HE still married her! I just think that everyone deserves to be happy and if you are with someone you don't love how will you be happy?
    Jayleesmommy23

Answer by Jayleesmommy23 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Talk to him, try to find it again. You don't spend your entire marriage "madly" in love, but it is possible to find that spark again. You committed your life to him. You said till death to us part, better or worse. If you meant it, you'll work it out.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't know how to answer that because I could not imagine not loving my husband. He and my kids are my world.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• no....i need to love & be loved in return. I refuse to live my life as an un-happy person. Luckily, I'm crazy in love!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think everybody deserves to be loved, and that would include my husband... If I didn't love him, I'd be miserable staying, and in turn make him miserable. We'd both be better off being free to find somebody else to love, and be loved in return.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2010