Is anyone else's mail person a total jerk?

Our mail carrier was late by like 4 days bringing my husbands check... i asked him to look and see if he lost it in the truck.. and he gives me total attitude, said if it was here i would have delivered it.. then two hours later, my neighbor comes over and says, i think i have some of your mail.. and of course, he stuck it in my neighbors box.. thank god i have friendly neighbors..

KKline

Asked by KKline at 7:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Oh yes. I had a mail carrier gossip with the neighbors and get my mail in someone else's mailbox. Totally unprofessioanl buy hey it is part of the postal system and they must go through a lot .
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No, our carrier is a real trooper. He had a knee replaced, & is still pluggin along. Plus he carries dog treats in his pocket to give to my dogs & his other dog friends on his route.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My mail man is a really nice guy. He delivers on foot and always says hello.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Our is really really sweet! Sometimes leaves candy for my son in the mailbox! :)
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am a letter carrier and where this is no excuse for misdelery, there is a ton of pressure that has been added to us. They have added to our routes at least an hour per route over the last year. With the volume up again, its a time thing every single day now. I have worked for the USPS for 27 yrs and have seen it all. As with any company we have gone over to automation, which is computer generated reading of the mail. In the old days we used to case all the mail in the am, now it comes to us ready to go on the street, except for the magazines. Sometimes it feels like a circus act out there trying to juggle all the peices of mail that the computer screwed up for that day. Alert your carrier to what happened, he needs to know that he screwed up. Also if this is a big enough on going problem for you, contact the PO. Hopefully he was just having a bad day to match his bad attitude..good luck!

Anonymous

• I love my mail carrier......she is always friendly and has a smile for my children....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• We no longer even know who are mailman is.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Before we moved our mail carrier was awesome! He lived right across the street and we knew him well. Now we have moved three blocks down and are no longer in his area. Our new carrier brings our bills consistantly late or not at all. Where we used to get mail nearly every day we get it only a couple of times a week now. If I leave things out for him to take sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. When he does it takes days longer for them to arrive then when I take them to the post office myself. So, in answer to your question, yes, our mail person is a total jerk.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2010