Has anyone given thanks today?

It's so discouraging to watch the daily news & hear about the shootings & the accidents (among other horrific things). Just today in our town, 3 young men in their 20's were killed by a suspected drunk driver & 3 more young men were shot (not fatally- thank God). I thank God every day when my loved ones make it home safe & sound. How about you?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Amen! I get discouraged but then I see things like this & remember that is what its all about. God has blessed more than I could ever ask for & I should thank 100 times a day!
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I give thanks on a regular basis. I even make sure that my DD blesses her food before she eats and says her prayers before she goes to be.. I do thank God for allowing me just another day to see my little grow... You have to give thanks, it is very important
    blackbudrfly

Answer by blackbudrfly at 7:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• All day, everyday! In my car, in my home, at class, in the middle of the store, out loud, in my head, in my heart I give God the glory and the praise for everything!
    JourneyToANewMe

Answer by JourneyToANewMe at 9:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• when DH called and said he was calling around for transmissions and a rebuilt one would be 650, I said how are we going to make it-our mtg is already late and we already know to expect less income next month. But I have faith and went on about my day - and things work out just like they always do.And yes I gave thanks!
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 7:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I hadn't' given thanks for having my loved ones safe. Thank you for the reminder. We take such things for granted sometimes.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't watch the news so it doesn't drive me insane.

I also don't believe in god so I don't thank him/her for anything.  I am thankful that my family is safe.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I give thanks regularly but I also live my life with a constant feeling of gratitude so giving thanks is probably sort of redundant....not that you can ever be too thankful for the blessings you have. I wish more people felt gratitude instead of the feeling of entitlement that seems to be so prevalent. And I'm not even religious....religion has absolutely nothing to do with being thankful that things go your way more often than not.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes many people give thanks every second of the day. You are not alone. God bless you I feel your pain.
    Glo402

Answer by Glo402 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2010