Who loves to travel by plane?

I mean really loves it, travels a lot, thinks it's the coolest thing ever? I have never flown, am nervous, want to hear some positive insight. :)

heathermarie32

Asked by heathermarie32 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Travel

• I love flying but I don't get to do it very often. I love the part where the pilot hits the gas and we are going soooo fast down the runway! Woohoooo! Then I love being able to see the landscape for miles and miles, and looking for landmarks like lakes and mountains while in the air. Then I love the touch-down part again... that little 'bump' followed by the pilot slamming on the brakes. TOO COOL!!!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I love it! an hour and a half is nothing!! I dont know how you are but i always get a window seat so I can see the view (when low enough) and dont hav eto worry about getting my elbow hit by those damn "drink carts". Good luck you will be alright.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i think its pretty neat but the seats are always so close to other people it bugs me a lil
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I love the actual FLYING. However, I can't STAND airports, airlines, the TSA and (sometimes) my fellow passengers. When I was a kid, my grandfather paid to take me up in a 4-seater Cessna and I fell in LOVE with flying. I'm one of those odd people who is more comfortable the smaller the plane is.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I LOVE FLYING AND TRAVELING! I have been traveling since I was 8 months old (my parents took me to England. And I was traveling alone (with the flight attendant watching over me) across the country since I was 6. I have always loved being in an airport. Just being there gets me so excited and energetic. At at the age of 5 my mom was learning to fly the small 4 seater planes. I was in kindergarden doing my homework in the back of a plane!
    Please, dont be afraid. You have more of a chance of something happening to you in your car than in a plane. Just have fun. Stay positive, and ENJOY YOUR TRIP!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Short trips of about an hour or two are fine but I loath long haul flights.  It's uncomfortable and boring.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yeah, flying can be fun. The security stuff at the airport is a pain, but thank God we have it. Get there early cause it takes awhile to get thru all of that.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 7:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I also love flying even with my 3 little ones by myself. I love flying and see the US more. The kids are pretty seasoned and have more miles in then most adults. One year we made it somewhere 8 times. I would get on a plane to anywhere. Usually we are on our way to Florida to visit family but then there is family at the other end which is always a good things. What is there not to like?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am going on a trip tomorrow to NY (short hour and a half flight....)
    heathermarie32

Comment by heathermarie32 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010