Has anyone else noticed in the news lately there are more police officers doing things wrong then "criminals"?

Watching the news right now and there were 3 stories in a row about "bad cops"...

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The media covers news stories that people will watch, therefore everything from crime to police screw ups are reported out of porportion to the actual occurrences.

How about this, you go to a nation that really does have more problems with unruly and violent police presence and then see how much our police are worse then our criminals..

my Sociology of Law enforcement teacher was just talking in class this week about his two years in Ecuador when the police swarmed the town w/ there automatic riffles and began taking people out of their homes with no explanation before or ever..never knew why.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Three bad cops, out of how many? And how many arrests of bottom-feeding scums? The day the bad cops out-number the bad guys, is the day I move out of the country. They dont bother to tell you all the heroic & wonderful things they do on a daily basis - b/c that's not good news for the news.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Eeeeehhhhh thats the type of stuff that has always gone on...but now the media turns them into a bash cops story which catches peoples attention.

Its not happening more....just being reported more.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It's nothing new and I can't say that it's happening any more then it did before. They're just being stupid about their crimes and getting caught. Which means it is being publisized more.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• This isnt anything new. I have been fearful of the police when I saw them physically assault my husband. THen they accused him of bank robbery another time. All we received was a we're sorry. Then the harassment started after that. I had to file charges after that and they sent us a formal letter saying, 'we're sorry.' I had to get our local congressman involved...

They are the largest gang in America.
    CCMami

Answer by CCMami at 9:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• ummm no.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think that is always true right around election time !
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 6:16 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No, I haven't noticed that.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I haven't noticed it in our local news, no. But it may be because it's more scandalous to print about a "bad cop" vs. criminals.
    I know if I were to see something about a police officer doing bad, it would be front page news (maybe in a sub section, like local and region, but still front page). vs the police report itself that has a small section in the local and region section of our paper, that may list several criminals arrested. But because those type of arrests are common, and not as grabbing as a bad cop, they aren't as well reported.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• There always been good cops and bad cops. It just they are on tv more and people are taking notice now
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010