Does your town / area have Trick Or Treating on a different day due to the Real Day being on a Sunday??

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 7:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• Nope. Never heard of doing that.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes, We are doing it on Sat.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Here in Kenosha, they used to do it the Sunday before Halloween. Last year, they finally decided to conduct it on Halloween because it was on a Saturday. This year it is on Halloween. I've taken the kids any time between the 26th and the 31st because of it. I think the powers that be are finally changing it for good.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No. We trick or treat on halloween. We used to live in a big (mormon) town, and they wouldnt do it on sundays, so my kids would trick or treat with only family, not because were not regligious i just dont see why it being a sunday matters.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 8:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No and it is just plain weird that some places do. We don't stay out late on a school night so we call it an early night but trick or treating should be on Halloween!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Nope! It's on Halloween, and hours are 5 to 7.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No.
    The state park has their own day, but it is unrelated to the date that Halloween is on.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes, our town is doing it on Sat this year, but I plan on having candy for both nights in case we get extra visitors.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• NO
    lOViNMOM2211

Answer by lOViNMOM2211 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• In the town we moved from they always moved it to Saturday if it landed on a Sunday. Here I'm not so sure about. Guess I need to get a newspaper.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2010