Contractions- when to go to the hospital?

How far apart do you contractions have to be, before heading to the hospital?
So far mine are 10 minutes apart.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As long as your doctor hasnt told you different (sometimes if you are high risk they tell you to come at a certian time) and your not preterm labor, it would be safe to go between 7-10
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 8:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• the normal is the 1-5-1 rule contractions lasting 1 minute every 5 minutes for 1 hour
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I went when mine were about 7 mins apart but the pain was the indication for me. I got to the point on the way to the hospital where I just had to whine my way through them. I don't consider myself to have a high pain tolerance usually but for some reason I never asked for drugs and I was in the hospital for 3.5 hours with contractions and 2 pushing (my whole process was only 7 hours). All the women in my family deliver quickly though, and I was only pushing that long because my daughter's hand was next to her face and stuck behind my cervix. Apparently the whole hospital floor knew my daughter was here because they heard me stop screaming. I went when I couldn't stand up anymore though and my contractions were a little less than 7 mins apart.
    orangewedge

Answer by orangewedge at 8:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I was always told if you can talk through the contractions then your ok, if you cant then you better to the hospital
    soccormom246

Answer by soccormom246 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• my doctor said to come when they are less than 10 minutes apart like between 6 and 8 minutes apart
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 3:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2010