When does the contraction belt things start to work?

I mean at what week can they use them and know that if a pregnant woman is having contractions it would show up?

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 8:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have them twice a week. It doesn't matter how far along you... it measures your contractions which can happen whenever.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 8:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I only know of a belt they use at the hospitals. And they use them when you go in, to see how far apart your contractions are. ???
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yeah thats what im talking about ness, i was wondering if they work no matter how far along you are or what?
    mommyofAurora

Comment by mommyofAurora (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yep they will work no matter how far along you are. I was hospitalized with one of mine around the 20 week mark and it measured them then.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I only had the belt in the hospital and it only measures frequency and length of the contraction.
    Amanda_82

Answer by Amanda_82 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• they can tell at any point of pregnancy how strong the contractions are and how long
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 3:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2010