Do you believe the book of Revelation is about the end of the world?

Or do you have a different interpretation?

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Revelation is the telling of the church about things that are going to happen --during their time, not ours. Rome was going to destroy the temple. It was to encourage them to be faithful during that time. The lessons behind it all, to persevere and take care of one another, are for us.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yep, I do believe it's about the end of the world...

I also believe it's pure fiction...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It is apocalyptic Scripture.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes I do :). Revelation brings together the worlds of heaven, earth, and hell in a final confrontation between the forces of good and evil.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I definitely believe that it's the end of this world as we know it.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 5:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I do.
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 8:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• yes, I do. I also see all bible prophesy coming true. For example, the gate in Jerusalem that Jesus was brought through after being arrested was the Sheep Gate, which is significant because Jesus was the Passover lamb. That gate is now called the Lion's gate which is significant because when Jesus returns to defeat Antichrist, He will enter through that gate as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. I think that is very interesting.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My interpretation is that, if John of Patmos existed at all, he was high on some kind of wacky weed when he wrote Revelations. The imagery is just like the LSD trips I used to hear described on television talk shows in the 70's and 80's. It is fantastical and unrealistic. Hebrew priests and prophets often used mushrooms and other halucinogenic botanicals to enable themselves to "commune" with god. And, if the biblical scholars are correct, the "predictions" in Revelations aren't about our future at all, but about John's present at that time.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Nope. I believe it is nothing more or nothing less then one guys bad dream after listening to too many different people talk about the "end of days."
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Nope. I think someone had a bad acid trip and wrote it down.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2010