Do you have a black thumb?

I have killed every house plant I have ever tried to grow....

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• YES! You name it, I'll kill it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• no, my thumb is pretty green. Love plants. It always helps to do research on your plants to see what kind of water & light they like. Also, if you give any kind of chemical fertilizer, you have to keep it coming. Chemical fertilizers take away the natural nutrients in soil making the plant solely dependant on the chemical fertilizer (like miracle grow). If you fertilize it once, you have to keep going, or you have to regularly change the soil. Otherwise your plant will slowly die due to lack of nutrition.

Most people just forget to water though. You have to make it a habit. I like watching things grow, so i never forget about my plants.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Plants need dirt, water and light. And fertilizer some times. Most plants will survive on once a week watering.. Maybe you all should try a cactus.  You can  neglect the hell out of it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I can kill off fake flowers and plants. LOL
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 8:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes I have :(
    I'd rather grow something outside like a cactus or a palm tree or an IVY plant that does not need too much TLC. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• YES! I brought home a hanging houseplant from Home Depot a few years ago...I trimmed it, watered it, gave it some plant food and in 3 days it had turned completely black.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 8:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Louise2, I've killed a cactus! LOL!
    Anna92464

Comment by Anna92464 (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Only if they are indoor flowering plants. I've killed everyone I've ever had. But herbs and other house plant? No prob. I've got about 2 dozen plants through out the house.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 10:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• For inside plants, yes. My raised vegetable garden is still producing in the middle of October. I think it is because it is raised and we used potting soil so it has not frosted yet. But I was picking fresh tomatoes today. I live in WI so this is not the norm.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2010