Is there a book that can teach me how to read a pattern?

It all looks like a different language to me....

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Sew U by Wendy Bellisimo comes with 3 patterns and goes over all things pattern related (from reading it to copying it to altering it). The patterns with the book only go up to a size 12. Or, you can go to the pattern company's website and they usually have some useful FAQ stuff on there about the symbols and such on them.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• YOUTUBE.com
    You won't believe what they have on there. I learned to make baby diapers from YouTube!
    But honestly, I've tried learning sewing patterns from books, it doesn't work.
    Search CM for sewing groups (or whatever you're making) and those ladies will get you started.

I was having a problem with my sewing machine, I took pictures of the problem area and they were able to actually help me step by step fix my sewing machine!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• What kind of pattern? The ________ for Dummies is a pretty good series depending on the need.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Depending on what you need, I would look in your local library or Michael's or other craft stores. There should be something there. :)
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 8:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• you might find someone in your area that would trade pattern lessons for whatever you have to offer. I would try freecycle..
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010