Ever want to call to quits if only for an hour!

You ever have those day when not one of your children are listening, or doing anything they are supposed to be; then to top it off your husband/so wont get off their precious butt to help?!? I am today. I tried going to my room and hiding in here for an hour but it last 5 whole minutes before all of my kids were in here. When does Mom get her break?

My_o_me_x_3

Asked by My_o_me_x_3 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Next summer I'm spending a week in South Dakota with a friend of mine. My husband is going to see his parents and my brother is keeping our girls. I will be totally kid free!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 8:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• When the kids are grown.

Answer by louise2 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Are you kidding all of the time, especially when hubby is out to sea. It what a jacuzzi tun is for and a good book.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• At least once a week I want to, but then 5 minutes later my son giggles or hubby helps out. So then I'm happy again.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Oh ya, at least once a day. Mom gets a break when they go off to college or university and then move out on their own, and you know what......it happens too quick!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm to the point now almost everyday of the week. I'm always asking my DH for help or for someone to babysit. I can count on my one hand how many times my kids have been watched by someone (and still have fingers left over). There are some days where I just want to lock them in their rooms and soak in the tub. Then you have the days where I can't wait to do something withthem. We all have those days. Find a really good babysitter once or twice a month even if only for a couple of hours and do something for yourself. Then give me her name so she can watch my kids too. lol :-)

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Well i feel your pain. Its hard, sometimes i just jump in my car and drive around the block 2 or 3 times, I do tell DH I'M leaving and he seem to be OK for that little bit of time
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i ask the same thing i need one i have been with my child 24/7 since he was born and hes gonna be 8months old in 3 days .. i really need a breakkkkkkkkkkk
    kimmi85035

Answer by kimmi85035 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2010