Drinking wine while pregnant..........

Is is OK to drink a glass of wine a night when your pregnant? I'm 3months

hrubysfive

Asked by hrubysfive at 8:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. It's okay if that's what you choose to do. Most people feel that no amount of alcohol is safe during pregnancy but it's your choice. I had a glass of wine on occasions while I was pregnant.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 8:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• umm not your best idea...
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• id wait till more towards the end vs 3 months, but my ob with all my pregnancies said 2-3oz of wine here and there was quite ok i had like 3 glasses with mine through out the pregnancies
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I actually heard on the news just the other night that in Europe it is completely accepted. It said that test prove that kids are faster learners when their mom drank one glass of wine a week. I am 14 weeks and 1 day pregnant with my first and have not had any yet tho. No one I know approves of the idea but Im thinking for my birthday in December I may just celebrate with a glass lol
    CrystalRaee

Answer by CrystalRaee at 8:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No, in fact it's not. NO ONE knows how much alcohol is safe during pregnancy, and there are a growing number of cases where the mother had one drink during pregnancy (or believe it or not the father was intoxicated shortly before intoxication) and the children were still diagnosed with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder...

One glass of wine is one drink to you, but think about the difference in size between you and your baby... She is getting the SAME amount of alcohol you are, but on her little body, it's going to have the affect of 15 or 20 drinks...

Sure, it's true some women drink their entire pregnancy and their baby is fine, others have one drink and their child is impaired for life...

So in answer to your question - Is your glass of wine worth putting your baby at risk?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Why would you chance it?
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Drink it at your baby's risk.........one glass of wine makes me goofy so I can only imagine what it would do to my baby....so no, I am not drinking any wine.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• HELL NO. There is no safe amount of alcohol during pregnancy! especially the early months, you could really screw something up. Ever see a child with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome? Why would you risk it???
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Um...why? Just go without for 9 months. Is it that hard?
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 10:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I too have heard one glass on occasion is fine, and yes in europe it is acceptable. I have even read in pregnancy for dummies a drink on occasion is fine. I have not had a drink with any of mine, but would toast a glass to you with out batting an eye and not look down on you for it.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2010