IF you are Pro-Choice...

Are you also (generally) Anti-Abortion?

I think many people equate Pro-Choice with Pro-Abortion, but I have yet to meet anyone who is Pro-Abortion, even though I am a member of a number of Pro-Choice Groups...

So what is your stance, if you're Pro-Choice, are you also Anti-Abortion?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Call me crazy or easily swayed but I was pro-choice until I had my son.. Now I am anti-abortion.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 8:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am Pro-Choice and I am not Anti-Abortion in the same sense as others are. I wouldn't promote abortion or probably have one myself, but I don't feel like I can be pro-choice and anti-abortion at the same time.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 8:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am Pro Choice. While I would like to think that I would never have an abortion, I have never been put in the situation where I might find one necessary. I have never found myself pregnant from a rape or incest or any of the other reasons some people consider abortion. Being as I have never had to be in a situation where I had to choose, I don't think it's my right to tell someone else they can not have that decision.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am pro-choice. That's it. I am not anti- or pro-abortion. Would I have (another) one? Probably not. But that doesn't make me anti-abortion. I think it can be a very good solution in certain circumstances, and it's not up to me to judge who is right or wrong.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am pro-choice no I am not anti-abortion
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Oddly enough, I'm the complete opposite. I was pro-life til I got pregnant and realized what a drain it can be on a person's body, and how being able to reproduce doesn't make someone a mother, or fit to be a mother for that matter. Just because its something that's right for me doesn't make me capable of choosing for someone else. Anyway, to answer your question, I wouldn't call myself pro-abortion but I can see why its necessary. I don't agree that its acceptable as a form of birth control (and I feel that's not nearly as common as people make it out to be).
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am pro choice, but I don't think I could ever have an abortion. I support a woman's right to choose what to do with her body.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm pro-choice but anti abortion. I think abortion should only happen for very few reason not because you cant afford the baby but you still decided to spread your legs.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm pro choice. But I would never have an abortion. However, it's not my place to besmirch anyone who wishes to have one. It's their body.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am and have always been Pro-Choice. It is NOT my place to tell another woman what to do with HER body, it is her choice and every woman should have that choice. Personally, I could not have an abortion unless in a life or death situation or rape. That doesn't mean I am anti or pro abortion, I just feel every women should have a choice and not be told what to do with their body.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010