I don't know if I should feel insulted or good?

I bought my little brother some alcohol for his 21st birthday (he wanted it). I didn't even get ID. I have never been ID when I buy alcohol or ciggs and I'm only 22. So I don't know if I should be bothered by it or be happy about it. LOL Anyone else never get ID?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Neh! Don't take it personal you don't want to be asked every time you buy alcohol. We are getting older but in a good way, bc you want to gracefully look your age. You don't want to look like a young kid as you get older...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm 26 and i still get ID'd and it's very annoying. I'd be happy I wasn't inconvenienced to pull out my wallet to show them my id.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• In my state, it is the law that you have to show I.D. if you are under 40 when buying alcohol. I don't mind doing it because the cashier is doing their job.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I didn't get carded until I was 24, I use to buy alcohol and cig underage and didn't get carded once. Now I always get carded, it is irratating sometimes but I know it is their job to card anyone who looks under 40 now.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 9:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Im 26 and I usually always have to show my ID too...i think its frustrating!!!
    mUstBdeStiny08

Answer by mUstBdeStiny08 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Nah.. I never had to. Well I'm in my 40s now so of course I don't have to, but I grew up in Greece where anyone can buy alcohol no matter how old they are!! When we had guests at home my dad would drive to the store and I would get out of the car and into the store to buy alcohol when I was like 7-8!!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am 28 and I still get carded. I laugh and tell them, as long as they are still asking for my ID a year and a half from now, when I turn 30, we're OK!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i still get carded--at 25
    kayteebug93

Answer by kayteebug93 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i get ID i hate it...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I get ID granted I only went to the liquior store once and I was 22 and I was the driver for a friend who purchased. They ID me because I was in the store and looked to young. It doesn't bother me I have been told I look like a teenager so I can see why they would.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2010