So I've been working out and watching my portions for a week and have gained 6lbs.

Feeling sad...how about some pick-me-ups ladies? I know muscle weighs more than fat but damn! I do feel stronger though so I will stick with it.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Sometimes you can gain water weight if you start drinking a lot more water when you start to work out. Don't get discouraged it will start to work out. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 9:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Our weight fluctuates anywhere from 2 - 5 lbs per day, throughout the day. Hang in there, you will see results before you know it!!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Don't look at the scales. One thing is the scale in your bathroom, if so moisture messes up the readings.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Okay... do you know your BMR? Are you eating enough calories? What kind of workouts and how often? What does your diet look like?

Muscle does not weigh more than fat! It is denser and takes up less space...if you have one pound of fat and one pound of muscle, they both weigh one pound folks.

I have lost 55 lbs since December by counting calories, weighing all of my food, tracking my calorie burn, working out 6 days per week, and changing up our diet- incorporating high fiber foods, lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and limiting junk. I've gone from 167 lbs and a size 12 ( 5'1") to 110 lbs and a size 0/1 in juniors. Dh has lost 80 lbs himself.
    Pm me if you need help. I don't use any pills or cleanses...just hard work.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• This happened to me when I was on Depo Provera... just a thought of something to look at if you started this plan because you were already starting to gain.

I lost weight without trying taking two supplements trying to get healthy - my skin and appearance in terms of "puffiness" improved and I felt much better in many ways. I can share more with you if you're interested.

Keep up the good work! It will pay off
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Check out It Works.com. They have some really cool, fairly affordable, and lifestyle-appropriate items to promote weight loss.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 9:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• just be patient everything will turn out the way you want bc you sure are working for it don't get discouraged. hang in there and good job! GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Are you drinking plenty of water? A small portion of a high carbohydrate food just shoots you in the foot. Eat lots of protein, lean fats and make your carbs count. Avoid the 'white foods" as much as you can. White flour, processed suger, refined breads and grains.Go wholegrain, increase veggies and some fruits. Remember to subtract fiber from total carbs for the net. Be careful of fruits that have lots of sugar..like oranges. Grapes are great, berries like blackberries, raspberries are great sources. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have been working out for 4 weeks, 5 days/week for 30 minutes on my elliptical. I lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks and then I gained it back.... Hubby say's I'm gaining muscle where I haven't had it in a long time,lol.... Soooooo I'm hoping it starts to show soon... So stick with it, and so will I and we can compare notes in another month,lol...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Are you near that time of the month? That could make a difference. Possibly too much salt, hidden sodium in foods? Aim for 100 ounces of water a day. Don't give up! Good Luck to you, you can do it!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010