What would you say are essential for your hospital bag for you and baby?

liz.a.powell

Asked by liz.a.powell at 9:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Clothes (and don't forget clothes for hubby if he will be staying with you!), a blanket, diapers if the hospital doesn't provide them, a nursing bra... that's it lol. Oh, and your toiletries (shampoo, cconditioner, soap).

I don't understand these mile long lists of stuff to bring. It's not a week long vacation, it's two days of recuperating after birth. Easy.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Besides the basics - clothing, toiletries, a good book, stuff for baby -- I would say a pair of long, warm socks, and a bag of jolly ranchers
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Your own pillow, a bathrope, slippers, clothes, toiletries, and anything you would call entertaining.. I took a ton of stuff to read but never really had the time. You're only there for a couple of days so just take things that will make YOU more comfortable.. After all, the baby will most likely have almost everything it will need at the hospital. Good luck =)
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 9:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You're own pillow. Hospital pillows are terribly lumpy and hard and make a terrible sound when there materials rub together , which is as anoying to me as the sound of fingernails against a calk board.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• A going home outfit, A robe, a couple nightgowns if your not into hospital gowns, slippers, several pairs of underware that you wont mind getting stained up, socks or booties, toiletries, Oh, if dad is staying he will need a change of clothes as well. Check the hospital before you go into labor to see if they provide nursing pads and large sanitary napkins.

****Bring ear plugs if you have a room mate

For Labor You may want to bring some lipbalm, suckers, a small battery operated fan (I was so hot and this really helped during labor)

For baby a couple sleepers (my daughter spit up all over one outfitright before leaving the hospital), blanket, car seat. Check with hospital to see if they will be providing diapers, formula if you arent breast feeding.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• CAMERA! It's the most important thing, I suppose extra batteries just in case as well. Otherwise, a change of clothes, going home outfit, carseat, toiletries, that's about it.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Healthy Snacks.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Definitely a camera (good one mybella81!), a going home outfit for you & baby, toiletries (dont forget the toothbrush!). You really don't need much. I brought a book and I didn't get to read one sentence between sleeping, nursing, and visitors every 2 mins coming in and out.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• camera w/ extra batteries and charger. Oliver came earl and all my batteries were dead so I had to charge mine at hospital. I had enough juice in one so DH could get a few right after delivery. My water broke and I had a c-section. Also will need bathroom items-shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb/brush. Cell phone and address book to call pple after baby arrives. Maybe a book or cross word puzzles. Clothes to wear home. I wore a gown the whole time and put my clothes on on the day I went home. I went in Oct. 14 in a.m and went home Oct. 17 in noon 1:30. an outfit for baby. And last thing, have DH/SO bring in car seat day of discharge.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 1:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2010