Do you have

Winter curtains?
In the summer we go with no curtains in the kitchen bow window. In the colder weather we have a blanket curtains to help keep out the cold air at night and we open them in the day so that the south facing windows let in the sun and the warmth.
Does anyone else make these adjustments for window coverings.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 9:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I really really NEED to do this, but haven't yet. We don't have any curtains at all, but our heating bill is too high so last year I swore I'd get curtains up. I guess I better get moving on that, lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No, but I would love to make some. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• We don't have any curtains.  The bedrooms have large slatted blinds (as opposed to mini-blinds).  They are plastic--much nicer than the annoying aluminum ones we had when I was a kid, lol.

The other windows in the house have vertical blinds on them.

My parents had curtains when I was a kid until my mom got tired of the dust and changing and washing them, etc.  When I was 13 they switched over to all blinds (mini or vertical) or shades.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No. For one, I can't afford to, and also because it's kind of a pain to me to switch curtains and stuff all the time. I mainly have mini blinds and toppers - that's it.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yep. In the summer it's sheers for the living room. come winter, up go the insulating panels. Bedrooms too, & I also have mini-blinds in all my windows. They do help seal out the cold air.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 10:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I just bought my first set of winter curtains! I got them on sale and am looking forward to a cozy bedroom this winter.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 10:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I use to... am looking for a good set, but I have 17 windows that need them...
    that is not counting the smaller windows I have... we are in the process now
    of replacing shades to blinds and removing all curtains for a bit...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010