How can I lose this baby weight?

My daughter is 2 years old and I am a Stay at home mom. I have tried many things to lose weight but I can seem to get these 80 lbs off and I'm miserable because of it. I'm also really afraid to trust a lot of those diet gimmicks out there. I need Help.

mrswilliams0988

Asked by mrswilliams0988 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• The only program that has has ever really helped me is South Beach. When I stick to it and do it correctly, the pounds fall right off of me. I also don't really like to exercise, but I try to do things like parking far away, doing squats while cooking dinner, or sometimes I use a stair stepper when I'm folding clothes from the dryer. I just try to be active while doing everyday things. I'm still trying to lose the last 20 pounds from our last baby!
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 9:57 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• There is no way to target weight loss to a specific area of the body because your body decides where it wants to put on weight and where it wants to take it off. The midsection is a common "problem" area for many people.

The best way to lose fat is through cardiovascular exercise. It is important to do a variety of abdominal exercises (including crunches) to keep your core strong, but until that excess fat is gone, you will not see the muscle definition. So if you’re not doing cardio, crunches are not going to help get the six-pack you’ve been hoping for. Regular cardio exercise at a level that’s challenging for you is your best bet.
    VitalityGal

Answer by VitalityGal at 10:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• You say you cant seem to get it off...I would be interested in what you have tried so we could see where you were going wrong.

Things that have helped me.

I eat as much fruit as i desire before meals..which is lots. I also eat a big green salad in the evenings with my fruit and then a small cooked meal after. Fruits and greens contain all the nutrients your body needs so eating them and as much as you desire can really curb cravings and make you eat much better and more stable.

Exercise is important and you should pick something you will enjoy...otherwise it will hard to stick too.

Make sure you get plenty of sunlight and fresh air.

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:42 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Diet programs can work but a lot of them tend to be short term plans - you need a good long term plan so if you want to follow a diet program make sure it has a long term plan with it...otherwise you will put the weight back on.

http://www.stripthatfatnow.com/Diets/WeightLossPrograms/StripThatFatReview.html
    keyaziz

• I ALSO STAY AT HOME AND DO SCHOOL SO I KNOW YOU DONT HAVE TIME. i HAVE BEEN TAKING HYDROXYCUTT MAX AND SO FAR HAVE LOST 18 LBS IN A MONTH...
    SEXIESTMOMMA

Answer by SEXIESTMOMMA at 5:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I am also a stay at home mom, I lost 13lbs from weight watchers and working out! You are not going to loose weight just by dieting. The first week of WW is hard after that it is easy and it becomes a lifestyle. I have tried many things and gained everything back. The key is to only loose 1 or 2 lbs week anything else will come back. Go to the gym take some classes, most gyms offer childcare. Golds Gym here offers for 2hours a day for $12mth. It's time for you and only you and trust me you will start to enjoy it when you discover that you have found a place for you to think about you, you, you , you!!!
    determind

Answer by determind at 11:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You have to do cardio. I keep hearing women say, "How do I lose this weight?" Get off your butt, get some will power, eat right, and do cardio. Simple as that. You know how to do it...you just want an easy way out.
    Anonymous

• You have to find something that works for you and be consistent, Whether you go to the gym, get on a diet , go for walks. I have lost 32lbs since I had my baby 4 months ago, I can give you some advice if you want pm me.
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 12:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2008