Would this have offended you? Or would you have found it funny? adult content

In my college english class last week class was just ending but all the students were packing up to leave before class was quite over. The professor was still going over the homework assignment and so he said "whoa your bong will still be there when you get home!" I didn't really think it was funny, but everyone else cracked up. I paid for the class to learn how to write, not be treated like every other slacker high school graduate who couldn't care less about the class. Today when we did the evaluations of the professor I reminded him of the joke (and others he has said like it: this was not his first time saying something like that) and told him I really didn't think it was funny. What would you have done? Am I overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, your feelings are valid and understandable. I think the joke was funny too and I don't smoke pot. But it was highly innapropriate and unprofessional not something a professor should be saying to his class imho.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 9:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Sounds like the professor is sick of the pot heads and can probably tell the diff between you and them. But if he kept saying stuff like that over and over again I would be offended.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think you are over reacting even though I didnt think it was funny either. I would have just kept my mouth shut. It's just a joke stupid joke
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would have laughed he does his job teaching who cares what he does or says the rest of the time.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Its just getting kind of old. I work hard on my paper's and turn them in on time.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 9:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Eh I think you're over reacting.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• id have laughed it was just a silly comment i have more important things to care about then worry over a comment
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yep, you are overreacting. He was just trying to be funny. It happens.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't have liked it either, I probably wouldn't have said anything just given him a dirty look and left. I think it's alright that you wrote that in his evavluation, it wasn't an apropiate or funny thing to say
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It's really a typical college professor statement... kind of boring....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010